Sunday, July 21, 2013

Confidence: An 11 Year Old Lesson!

You can enter my home at any moment and see evidence of my 11 year old daughter.  Colored pencils, scrapbook paper, cut outs, and glue are strewn all over the floor in at least two rooms of the house. I absolutely love this age! Kisses, hugs, love letters, snuggles and girl time are her favorites! She still giggles and enjoys hanging out with her mom! I just love her! I don't want her to grow up. I keep asking her to slow down but she keeps growing.  *sniff*

I wanted to share her with you. She is a wonderful writer and loves sharing her love for the Lord. She is my Guest Blogger this week! I hope you enjoy. 

These are her thoughts!

Many people won't believe it but being eleven takes a lot of confidence. From the classroom, to sports, to friends, confidence is a very crucial aspect for everyone.

A few months ago, I fractured my elbow during a cheerleader tumbling lesson. Devastation, pain, and hopelessness filled my heart at the news from the doctor. I knew that my life as a cheerleader took a real big crash. 



It was hard for me to watch the other girls jump and flip across the floor. All I did was sit in a wooden chair and take notes. It's hard for an eleven year old to watch other girls be amazing and not able to join in on the fun.

After nine weeks of being out, it was hard for me to get back in the rhythm of things when I got my cast off. My jumps weren't close to great. My round offs looked like cartwheels! When I stretched, I looked liked a 100 year old lady getting off the floor!

I was tired of being on the sideline and being the only one left out. I was tired of "Are you OK?' and "Do you need help?" I prayed and prayed until my voice was hoarse. I said things like "Help me become like the cheerleader I was before."

After many talks with my Mom and many prayers, God stuffed confidence into me! He made me not see what I was but what I would become. He got me to get to work and start believing in myself.

Today I am doing back handsprings and looking forward to working on back tucks!





The Lord God has been a real big...well not a big but a HUMONGOUS part of my life. He's shown me confidence, the thing that I was lacking.

My confidence comes from Him. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This is a beautiful thing. This has really changed my life. I don't have to count on my strength. I know I can count on His strength in everything I do...even a back handspring!

Confidence in Him opens doors in you that you have never seen! It's a blessing from God. 


Blessings!

E


I'm her Mom but I'm a big baby. I'm crying reading this! Sweetness...

copyright 2013 www.shundriariddick.com  All Rights Reserved. Photos for blog only.




No comments:

Post a Comment