Tuesday, March 12, 2013

To All the Moms Who Do It Wrong!

Before I had kids, I had opinions and ideas about how to raise kids. I watched all of the Oprah shows and ready many books about how to be an excellent wife and mom. I had plans of a well organized home, brilliant kids, and a great career. All while making sure my wonderful husband had his youthful and energetic bride.

Then...I had kids!


I would like to take this time to shout out to all the moms who do it wrong!  I give up...it's over for me!  I must confess that there is no right way to be a mom.  I have been breaking my neck trying to make sure my three wonderful kids are healthy, smart and well cared for.  And to be honest, I'm exhausted! So, here's to all the moms who:

1.   only iron the front of your kids clothes because that's what really matters.
2.   put carrot sticks with chicken nuggets only to have something healthy on the plate...knowing they are not going to eat it
3. secretly relieved when they don't have homework
4.   has gone to the shoe store only to realize that their child's foot is 2 sizes larger
5.   has given a not so new toy or book to another child because you completely forgot about the party
6.   has put your child in timeout and forgotten about them
7.   has thanked the Lord for McDonald's
8.   Kinda listens to your kids' story by saying "uh huh. Really? Wow!"
9.   does allow your kids to watch more than 30min of TV.
10.  goes to bed with a sink FULL of dishes
11.  is always late
12.  can make a meal out of the snacks in the car and has
13.  is relieved when dad won't be home for dinner...2 minutes and beep...Dinner!
14.  has wiped their kids' nose with their own shirts
15.  has NOT taken a kid to the doc only to realize that they are actually sick
16.  has cleaned only the family room and guest bathroom for an event and prayed no one asks for the other bathroom
17.  dresses their kids out of the laundry baskets
18.  when laundry is done...feels like she has a new wardrobe because it's been so long
19.  enjoys going to work or wishes she could go
20.  has worn the same thing 2 days in a row because you won't see the same people
21.  has let your children do the same!
22.  thanks God for ALL day Kindergarten
23.  has yelled at your children to tell them to stop yelling
24.  can't remember the last time you took a picture of your youngest child
25.  hasn't yet included your youngest child in the family picture
26.  called your kid from another room only to retrieve something that you could have
27.  just so happen to remember on the way to a soccer game that you are the snack mom
28.  didn't remember that you were snack mom
29.  Calls your child by the wrong name
30.  hides treats from the kids so you don't have to share
31.  has cried in the shower
32.  has at least one box of Hamburger Helper
33.  has thanked the Lord for kids going to school everyday
34.  is a home school mom who has wished her kids went to school
35.  doesn't want to attend another conference/seminar on being an excellent wife
36.  has allowed your child to sit on your lap as you go potty
37.  has taken the long way home
38.  has questioned your decision to have kids
39.  has questioned your decision to be a wife
40.  HAS THANKED THE LORD THAT YOU ARE BOTH!!

To all my sisters out there doing it wrong...I salute you!  So when you see me I may look like I have it all together.  BUT you and I know I did it all wrong! :-)

Blessings!

12 comments:

  1. I first saw your name and began following your tweets as I followed Priscilla Shirer. I've appreciated your thoughts on life and all things motherhood. Although my days of having growing boys is over, I've been the mom of every number listed above (almost) and would give anything to have some of those days back! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becky! I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny! Only because I do it ALL wrong. lol!

    http://howtotrainasuperhero.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!! and yeah! So glad you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like you were commenting on my home, not yours :-) Thank you! I do it ALL wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I have done quite a few of these here items and thought that I was a bad mom compared to most moms... Thank you for making me realize I am normal... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete