Monday, July 1, 2013

Position or Love?

I wanted to write something meaningful and informational regarding current events. I did my due diligence in researching opinions, articles, and blogs. I just couldn't come up with anything that would be different than what's already out there. It's been said countless times what God is for and against. The Church's position has been blogged, argued, and challenged. I'm sure I could continue to lament about the state of our country. I could complain and shake my head in disgust.  However, I decided that there is enough of that going on. I didn't need to add anything to that pile. It was large enough!


It would be easy to continue the angry rants and condemnation that we so self righteously articulate and justify with scripture. Although the Bible is very clear and does not waiver, we must not engage in rage and ostracize those we are trying to reach.

We were commanded in John 13:35 to love:
"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples-- when they see the love you have for each other."
Let us not forget that we are saved by grace! Ephesians 2: 8-10
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
It's easy to get lost in what's right and wrong and forget that we have a mission. We are to show the world the love of Christ and tell them the good news of Christ.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not discounting that we have an enemy. I Peter 5:8
"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."
However, we can stand firm in God's Word with the humility of Christ.

Matthew 5:9 reminds us.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
Issues are becoming more complex while politics and opinions fuel division. We are to be careful and not take the bait of discord, condemnation and hate.


Have you searched your heart? Are you recognized by your love or your position? Is your goal peace or to perpetuate the dialogue of anger and hate?

Don't forget that we are all in need of a Savior. The ground is leveled at the foot of the cross.



Blessings!

copyright 2013 www.shundriariddick.com All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment