Monday, June 10, 2013

Mariachi Momma!

Praying for children and receiving that blessing has been a great joy and one of many reasons to constantly say "Thank You Lord."  But never in all my days did I expect to experience this!




Mariachi Los Reyes


Yes you are seeing clearly! My sweet boy is in Mariachi and he is absolutely in love with it! On my best creative day I could not have imagined that this would be my reality. He plays the violin, guitar and vihuela. How did this happen? Two years ago I didn't even know the word "Trajes." (That's the uniform worn by Mariachi.) Today, I traveled three hours to purchase one!

When my 12 year was just days old, my husband and I had a conversation. It went like this:
Me: So glad we have a boy!
Hubby:  He's going to be a football player!
Me: Wait! What if he doesn't want to play football. What if he wants to play the violin?
Hubby:  He can do whatever he wants AFTER practice! 
Of course my husband was joking! (kinda) We still remember that conversation and are amazed at how life has unfolded.  I cannot believe that I actually spend my days listening to Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan. That's a long way from Kirk Franklin and Hillsong. Trust Me on this one!

I shake my head in disbelief as I hear him singing in Spanish! Is this my life? This has seemed so random but it reminds me of Ephesians 3:20.
 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams. (Amplified Bible)

When we pray we often limit God to our requests. Our expectations are far below his ability and often don't leave room for a "superabundantly" response from an All Powerful God.  There are no limitations with Him. He has no boundaries!  His abilities are limitless! He wants so much more for us than we could ever ask. (Let the church say Amen!)

I am overwhelmed by God's hand in my son's life. Making new friends, speaking a different language and appreciating that God is bigger than he could have imagined is carrying out purpose in him. I am looking forward to how the Lord will use this in his life.

My husband has enjoyed my son playing football. But it cannot be compared to the joy on his face when he sees him playing Mariachi! He's a proud Papi!

When I prayed 15 years ago, I did not think that I would be a Mariachi Momma! Far more than I could have ever asked...






Bendiciones!


copyright 2013 www.shundriariddick.com All rights reserved. Pictures for this blog only.

No comments:

Post a Comment