Sunday, July 12, 2015

Keep Going!


All of us have a desire to be seen at our best.  We have a face that we prepare daily. We wake up and outfit ourselves with smiles and pleasantries in hopes of disguising our pain and the reality of our current self. But deep inside we say:

If only they knew.

My struggle. 

My heart. 

My thoughts.

That I cry at night.

I wonder.

I question.

I’m uncertain.

I’m scared.

I worry.

If only they knew.

So we sit quietly

Waiting. Not letting anyone in.

What would happen if they knew about our gaping wound that bleeds throughout our day? It presents itself in the form of: Impatience. Anger. Sadness. Fear. Frustration. Fatigue.

Friend, you are not alone. Most of us are where you are. We are hiding. Hoping that tomorrow will be different. Praying that our situations will change.
There are so many of us that are going through difficult seasons. I am overwhelmed by how much is happening each day in our world.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

There is HOPE!
Jesus knows. He is not surprised. He knew when He created you that this season would come.
This is not the part where I say share this post with ten people and in ten days your prayer will be answered.  I will not list seven steps to freedom from worry, frustration, sadness, etc.
Sometimes we don’t need a complex answer. We don't need to share, click, or type "Amen." We need hope!
Here it is!
“Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”  Romans 5:2-5 
 I just want to encourage you to keep going. He will answer.  I don’t know how. I don’t know when. I don’t know what will happen when He shows up but He will.
You will know it when He comes because God’s presence ALWAYS produces evidence.

So no magic.
No steps.

Just wonderful assurance and hope.

You are not alone. He’s there.

He will answer.

Keep going.

“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you” I Peter 5:10

Blessings!


Copyright 2015 www.shundriariddick.com All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment