Monday, June 22, 2015

Use Your Wings!

Days are busy and summer is NOT a break!

I've fooled myself for many years thinking that summer was a break from the stress and schedule of the school year. But I've come to realize that we just fill the time slots with many other activities. Swimming lessons, music lessons, camps, practices etc.

I'm just as busy now as I was a few months ago. I must say that I prefer this kind of being on the move. I am enjoying every minute of it!

Having three kids means I'm usually dropping off, picking up or trying to coordinate with my husband in making sure we end the day with all three. Seriously!

As I hurried to pick up a kid from another activity, I noticed a bird trying to walk across a busy street. Cars were moving quickly and it stood waiting for the right moment.

Huh?

I thought to myself "Why is the bird walking across the street?"

I shook my head and thought "You can fly! What are you doing?"

I just assumed that it was trying to get to food in the middle of the road. That had to be it. Why would a bird, with the capability of flying over the madness, choose to walk through it?

Immediately, I heard the Holy Spirit whisper "Exactly.Why are you trying to maneuver through situations that you were created to fly over?"

Goodness Gracious!

This one hit me! HARD!

Some struggles are not for me. There are some situations, people, or feelings I should not attempt to engage or entwine.

Am I the only one?

How many of us are hiking through the terrain of unproductive situations, relationships, feelings, debates, and conflict that we are meant to circumnavigate?

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If  God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37


Why are we developing strategies to march when we have been given wings to soar?


Blessings!



copyright 2015. www.shundriariddick.com All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment