Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Reminder

Mother's Day was yesterday and the best gift I could ever receive was the bedtime prayer of my sweet 8 year old.

"Jesus thank you for letting my mom be my mom."

I. die. 

Not a gift card, spa package or flower can reach in a grip a heart like the words of a grateful child.

So Precious and I am so thankful to hear his prayer. I cannot tell you the joy in my heart to hold the hands, touch the faces, and kiss the cheeks of the children I never thought I would have. 

His sweet prayer was an answer to a prayer I cried through 16 years ago. 

As much as I love this day, I do not get through it without thinking of those of us who love to see it leave. It's a reminder of what we do not have or what our heart aches for most. 

After having a few conversations this week about the loss of children, I couldn't help but re-post a blog that explains the silent struggle of us who have endured this day.




Blessings!


copyright 2015 www.shundriariddick.com All Rights Reserved.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment