Monday, April 15, 2013

Pizza, Storms and Promise



Every Friday night at our home is family night.  Our night includes pizza, movie, popcorn and dessert.  The most exciting for my children is eating in front of the TV. This Friday was no different.   I sat holding my 6 year old as he gave several kisses and told me that he loved me. I attempted to pay attention to the constant ramblings of my 11 year old, while at the same time listening to the questions of my inquisitive 12 year old.  All of this happening as my husband Chris was able to pay full attention to the movie. 

Then I remembered.  THIS WAS ON MY PRAYER LIST! It was this exact moment.   I remembered when I held my baby Grace as she took her last breath.  I remembered asking if I would ever hold a baby again. Shortly after, I held my baby Caleb as he took his last breath.  I wondered if I would ever hear my own baby’s cry or see the color of their eyes.  I remembered praying for the blessing of children.  I remembered my husband and I fasting for a family.

While holding my 6 year old, I thanked God because this was my answer. Without whispering a word I thanked Him in my soul.  I thanked Him for his faithfulness. It was because of His goodness. Not my own. Many times I doubted Him.  It was because of his faithfulness. Not my own. Many times I wanted to give up.

I think we can get so busy and caught up in our lives that we forget that we are functioning in the favor of God.  We are walking in the results of our wailing before Him.  It’s the place where God’s goodness engulfs us.  He is so good at it that we miss the transition from the raging of a storm to the saturating rain of him fulfilling a promise.  How he loves us!

It reminds me of Mark 4 when Jesus was asleep on the boat during the storm.  He calmed the storm and the apostles were so focused on him calming the storm that they did not realize that they were in the midst of a promise. They were still passing over to the other side.

I thank him for answered prayer.  I am in constant awe of his goodness, kindness, faithfulness and his unimaginable love.  Bless his Name!

Blessings!



copyright 2013 www.shundriariddick.com All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Brought tears to my eyes. The Lord is so good! We can't even fathom how good He is!

    ReplyDelete